Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
No one wants to arrive back to their Tennessee home after a long day at work to discover a pipe break leaving significant water damage on the flooring, walls or ceiling. SERVPRO of Germantown / Collierville is the water restoration company you can trust. First, you want to ensure your home is safe from potential electrical and slip and fall hazards caused by the water damage. The team can enter right away upon arrival to ensure it is safe. Dealing with a water loss can be stressful, but let the team at SERVPRO of Germantown / Collierville take the stress and is here to help anytime 24/7. We'll leave everything looking "Like it never even happened."
We also provide cleaning restoration services for future necessities you may need!
Have Questions or Need Assistance?
Call SERVPRO of Germantown / Collierville Today at (901) 755-3705
Open 24 hours, 7 days a week!
Like us on Facebook to stay connected and see how we serve our local communities!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (901) 755-3705
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.